Thursday, June 7, 2012

This Preppy Pup...the life and times around a new house for our Mr. K





What a life but hey, some dog's gotta' live it!

One of the biggest concerns we all had with this past year's move and life transitioning was how our dog Kanon was going to take it. 

For here was a pup who had the run of an island.  Here was this little-big-man fellow who dashed into the marsh, trotted about deep woods and dragged fallen palmetto fronds around the sunny glade our house stood in before plunking into the ocean water for a quick dip every now and then.

Here was a dog who loved to race up each side of our island house's front stairway to skid on the lower platform before lunging up to the porch awaiting at the top of the stairs and now... he was heading to a new house that is primarily one floor with wide, shallow brick steps instead of a tall, tall wooden double stairway.

But here also is a doberman who is incredibly adaptable to change as we've found out first, with his adoption and secondly, his next move sitting contentedly alongside his beloved grandpa in our bigger jeep as we traveled south to Savannah.

From North Carolina to an island off the coast of South Carolina to now, the ocean water's edge of Savannah...yes, our Kanon "can do" change very well.

Now he has less stairs to charge up but he does still have his own island to dash around; this one in the form of a small private island attached to our property but only accessible at low tide.

He smells the herb garden and flowers about the property, sniffs the wind in the marsh grass, play-chases herons, squirrels and plays with neighboring dogs, sploshes around in the ocean water off the back yard, runs along his own little island's pathways when the tide's low and then.......

.......sits or lies down in one of his now-favorite spots out in the screened-in room off the living room and kitchen's french doors......ah yes, it's a rough, tough dog's-life but this one is lovin' the livin' of it!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Pura Vida! :)

      He's so happy here and it's a joy to see him loving life....

      Best, Lachlan

      Delete
  2. Hi there, Thanks for following my blog! I know you used to live in BFT, because I do and I follow your blog.LOL,Hope you will be happy in Savannah! talk soon.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Seaside Style...what a small wonderful world it is isn't it?!

    How neat that you're in Beaufort and maybe sometime we could meet on Bay St. for lunch n' blog-chattin'; every so often I get back up there to see friends and bum around town a bit.

    I'll add your blog to my "Blog Favorites" sidebar :)

    It was neat running across your's the other day and I'm enjoying reading through it and looking forward to being a regular follower of it now. And thanks so much for following mine- I appreciate that a lot!

    All the best to you, Lachlan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lachlan, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lachlan! I've been missing your blog...hope I didn't run you off with my earlier correspondence! I hope I get to hear from you again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris! Thank you so much; I am glad to hear that you're enjoying my blog :) I'll go check your's out too... Best, Lachlan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John! I've been so overly-busy between work and still moving into this new house that I haven't checked into my blog for awhile.....will catch up soon :) Best, Lachlan

    ReplyDelete