- The wine snob: vintage champagne.
- The girl who wants to have fun: the latest vodka.
- The book clubber: a soft merlot.
- The power couple: pinot gris (aka pinot grigio).
- Social climbers: unwooded chardonnay.
- Intellectuals: boutique imported beer.
- Environmentalists: a case of cleanskins.
- Non-drinkers: fantastically pretentious mineral water from the most obscure point on earth. Or balsamic vinegar."
The authors Penfold and Tabakoff do indeed offer up a delightful read about Australian stylistic lifestyling that is almost globally applicable; Americans, the English, the French and other nationalities can glean keen style insight and timeless inspiration from this bound to become classic Australian book.
Ah, yet another great style book to keep on my bedside table for perusal! The stack continues to grow...