Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween from...the Spider Queen!

Nice, behaving, sitting pretty Spider Princess...kinda' Preppyish in a way
Morphs into the Spider Queen and scares "The Catch of the Day"....


Hello readers! Here's hoping you all enjoyed a festive n' fun Halloween... Preppy or otherwise ;)

Perhaps Halloween is the only time of the year when it's perfectly proper with Preps like us letting a good bit of "tacky" into our otherwise fairly non-tacky lifestyles via bizarre' costumes, gaudy decorations and further still, lotsa' party-partying, hmm. Kind of reminds me of a bunch of my sorority-days mixer parties with assorted fraternities...... Togas, Pirate Parties, Come As Your Alter Ego shin digs and then, the just, "ole' it's Thursday night and we're gonna' tap a keg" parties.

This weekend, it was 4 Costume Parties for us and wheh, it's a lot more "work" now to play dress-up in my 40's than it was back in my college days that's for sure!

This year it was Spider Princess for me with parties #1 and #2 and then I morphed on into a scarier Spider Queen for parties #3 and #4. By the end of this weekend, I had had plenty enough of dealing with lots of hair, makeup and costuming. I don't think I'll ever be a theater actress but that's alright because t's nothing I've ever aspired to become anyway that's for sure. However, I've been thinking about "being" Queen Elizabeth I for next Halloween and talk about a whole lotta' costuming needed for that look!

Gosh, it's just soooo much easier for us Preps to just be Preppy-looking isn't it?






No comments:

Post a Comment