Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Mother, My Mentor





Much closer to home as a gracious-lifestyle mentor of all things elegant and preppy was my late mother. She could have written the book on Southern Preppy! Here is a picture of my parents circa mid 1980's standing in our backyard.






Mother is wearing one of her Lilly Pulitzer dresses and the omni-present strand of pearls that was on her person unless she was going super casual instead with her gold add-a-beads. Remember those?






Wish I had those Lilly dresses of both hers and mine from the 80's but at least I still have the pearls. Lately Lilly Pulitzer is making a fashion trend comeback and I have picked up a piece or two of it along the way. Lilly's a style perennial here in the coastal, beachy South :)

No comments:

Post a Comment