Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Preppy Patriotic stylin' for Fourth of July 2009


This year's annual 4th of July island parade had my father as its Grand Marshal which was a lot of fun. It was inevitable that I'd be wearin' some piece of madras, being the middle of a hot n' humid summer here in the lowcountry, and I received many comments n' compliments on my "patriotic preppy" look. The Prep-style goes anywhere very appropriately and IS a slice of genuine Americana...


Being a professional writer and having once written a long-standing fashion column for a wonderful suburban newspaper some years ago, I've missed writing about fashion n' lifestyling and all that fun stuff so I've decided to do a blog about my lifestyle look which essentially is Southern Lowcountry Island Preppy.


In posts to come, I'll muse some more about this...

No comments:

Post a Comment