Monday, February 7, 2011

Spring Fashion 2011: Preppy Menswear goes BRIGHT

Spring 2011 Preppy Mens' "Brights" begin with...an Orvis shirt...

...and include a pair of chinos from Brooks Brothers as well as...

...the fresh "New Linen Shirt" so casual-classic from Vineyard Vines and...




...don't forget a Polo polo but of course in a rich, bold hue...



...and heck, a pair of swim sport shorts from L.L.Bean in orange too!



Combining in madras all-three of this season's brights is a Ben Silver tie.




Also, for a dash of wit, a needlepoint belt from Murray's Toggery Shop.


And...tah dah...a final pop of bold color via Sperry's "Bahama" topsiders....



The focus it seems for Preppy Men this coming Spring into Summer is glaringly obvious...as in lots of very eye catching "Brights"! WOW....

Many bright color tones are prevalent within the wardrobe offerings for the upcoming warmer seasons ahead regarding menswear although it looks like brighter hues of blue, orange and yellow are grabbing the spotlight.

As any Preppy knows all so well, nothing compliments bright tones like a good tan!

I just love it when my James gets tanner and tanner as he's out on the water kayaking and fishing away in between flying planes around. I've been buying him a whole lotta' bright-toned togs to coordinate with his spring/summer/autumn tan skin especially since we returned to the islander environs of the SC Lowcountry here and can happily indulge in wearing tropical-inspired Preppy Brights about year-round. From his beloved fishing shirts to his button-down oxfords to belts and ties, James has dashes of bright hues that I really enjoy seeing him wear.

One of the most recent fresh new trendings for menswear that I hope to purchase and add into James' wardrobe which I think will be great for all Preppy Menfolk to purchase this spring is the "new Casual Linen Shirt"! Less formalized than its stalwart predecessor, the proverbial classic Linen Shirt with its long sleeves and starched-stiff collar, this much more casual styling is just the ticket for topping spring and summer's lighter fabric slacks, shorts, jeans and swimsuits for easy yet still elegant wear. It's not often that one of the great old classics of menswear get nicely tweaked like this wherein a new classic arises for Preppy males to take note of, but I think that we do indeed have quite a catch with this...and I've included a really fun bright blue checked version of it in the above picture from Vineyard Vines' Spring 2011 offerings collection to illustrate how it can be found in not only solid tones but also checked, striped and such.

Go Bright this Spring guys....and don't forget to tan wisely with sunscreen when the weather warms up and you're all out there fishing, sailing, golfing, grilling steaks by the pool and such....

6 comments:

  1. Love all this! My son wears all this stuff and looks so cute every morning when he leaves for school, he has the BB's chinos in every color! I love that tie..how great looking, have to look into that, great post and so wonderful to see all these happy and cheerful colors..viva la spring!
    Please come to my blog to be eligible for my new giveaway, a gorgeous french chair!
    www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I bet he does look so wonderful in his Preppy Brights and how neat that he has those Brooks Brothers chinos in alla' the colors! :) So thrilled that you enjoyed this post and I agree, seeing all these colors while I was putting this together was sooo very spring-nice! The store where I merchandise part time for fun has a ton of this coming in and it's definitely helping chase the winter rainy-blues away a bit.....

    Best to you, Lachlan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I tell ya...I can't see my Fred wearing this stuff, but I am sure loving reading about spring in your blog. It is cold snowy icy here and probably will be for a while. Thanks for warming me up a little with your bright descriptions of spring fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Elizabeth and you're welcome :) Even before working on this post, I've been putting lemons and oranges in bowls around the kitchen so very needing "spots of bright".... we have rainy winters here so yes, you and I will definitely be loving alla' this brightness coming in this Spring in the stores before our yards and gardens catch-up.

    Totally understand, a lotta' guys don't go for the brights as seen here that's for sure. James won't do pink but he'll wear orange n' such...

    Best to you, Lachlan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all... BUT those big ol' ginormous polos on the shirts are just a bit tacky in my humble opinion! They seem to shout, "Look at me! Look at me!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi bevvy! I totally agree with you...

    I was looking around for a Polo polo shirt that had the combination of being more-fitted and in a bright color and its logo color also a hue that's trending red-hot this season and this was the only one that fit the bill...

    Yes, what happened to the tasteful, small, kinda' discreet logo??? Thankgoodness it's still around and still will be after this "super size me" trending has run its course. I have a feeling this is marketed for the younger-set but it's bound to fade away....wheh! ;)

    Best as always, Lachlan

    ReplyDelete